Sunday, December 24, 2017

The Night before...

'Twas the night before Christmas, all through Channel Islands
Not a creature was stirring, not even Sea Lions;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that the Amazon truck would be there!

Bryce was nestled all snug in his bed,
While remote control skateboards danced in his head ;
And, Karen, in her 'kerchief, and Doug in his hat,
Had just settled down for a little nightcap,

When out on the sand there arose such a clatter,
I spilled my drink rushing to see what was the matter.
And then on the way, while I tripped and I splashed,
I Tore open the Door, my drink landed on Crash!

The moon on the crest of a blue foamy wave,
Gave the luster of mid-day thru a beach foggy haze,
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a glowing exhaust plume from some space bound rocketeer

With a sonic boom vibrating strong in my ear …
It couldn’t be Saint Nick with eight tiny reindeer??
More rapid than eagles, the coursers they bounded
Could it be North Korea, or Aliens, we pondered?

"Call neighbors! Call Family! Call Crash and Snickers!
Should we run, or is it just DONNER and BLITZEN?
To the top of the house! to the top of the wall!
Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!

We’ve watched with high hopes, fires and hurricanes fly,
When we meet with an obstacle, we collectively sigh,
Oh please bring us some peace and some cheer this season,
and no more disasters, no matter the reason.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the net..
The loud sonic booms had just been SPACEX!
As I drew in my breath, and was turning around,
The Falcon 9 light show was sure to astound!

It was just in that moment, just then, I remembered
We should not live in fear, but rejoice this December
Be thankful what we have, and for those we hold dear
And live in the moment to enjoy what is here!

Just then, all in fur, from their head to their paw,
My four footed’s reminded me to live life in AWE;
It’s not about presents or boxes under cover
But it is the fun, love and caring for each other!

So whether it’s the light show from Pacific collection …
Or SPACEX, or Santa, headed in your direction …
Remember to share it with those that you love
And add a small prayer for help from above!

As we marvel and enjoy each day we’ve been given
We are thankful for those who make it worth living
Our wish for you all as our own dreams take flight…
 HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD-NIGHT!

The Taylors!

No comments: